* failed Blythe stocking

Posted on June 24th, 2005 by maitreya. Filed under Blythe, Experiments.


I tried to make Blythe a fishnet stocking with my fun knitting spool. I used sewing thread with an 8-poster in the hopes of making a tube big enough to fit over Blythe’s legs. You can see the result of this experiment below. Main problem, the tube was not wide enough. I dropped a stitch in the back to make it go on this far. Also, the thread tube is really hard to handle. It’s easy to snag and pull out of shape. Also, Blythe’s legs are made out of this kind of sticky plastic, so it required some pulling to get them on, further aggravating the snagging problem. Anyway, I think I will abandon this line of work and make Blythe stockings out of fabric instead.

stocking.jpg



One Response to “failed Blythe stocking”

  1. Anke Says:

    Great idea though! I tried to make sleeves for a Blythe sweater with the same technique but encountered the same problem – it just wasn’t wide enough to get her arm in…

email

  • maitreya[@]craftlog[.]org

books I’m in

other sites I’m on

Pinterest

  • A set of 5 screen printed Christmas cards - 4x4 (10cmx10cm). This original design has been pulled by our own fair hands in our home. The minimal geometric star design is striking yet playful and offers a high quality alternative to a standard shop-bought Christmas card. Each pack

  • Gocco printed on 100% recycled card, with 100% recycled envelope, in a corn starch bag. A6 size.

  • The chainless foundation has been in use forever as one of the wonderful things you could pull out of your crochet bag of tricks if you knew about it.

  • Follow Me on Pinterest

Categories

Blogroll

Archives

creative commons

craftlog is under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial license. That means that you are all welcome to take and repost my photos, replicate my projects, remix my ideas, whatever you want as long as you give attribution (a link is fine) and it's noncommercial. Thanks!